1. Who was the fellow racer that pulled Roberts from his
burning car in the 1964 World 600?
A. Fred Lorenzen; B. David Pearson; C. Richard Petty;
D. Ned Jarrett
2. Roberts swept a record four races at Daytona
International Speedway in 1962 -- including the Daytona
500 and the Firecracker 250 -- driving the No. 22
Pontiac. Name the legendary car builder and crew chief
of that car?
3. What area high school did Roberts' attend?
A. Mainland; B. Seabreeze;
C. Father Lopez; D. New Smyrna Beach
4. Where was Roberts born?
Born in Tavares and grew up
5. At what university did Roberts study mechanical
engineering before quitting to pursue to a career in
A. The University of Florida;
B. University of Central Florida; C. Jacksonville; D.
6. What year was Roberts inducted into the
International Motorsports Hall of Fame in Talladega,
A. 1985; B. 1990;
C. 1992; D. 1995
7. How many NASCAR victories did Roberts earn in
A. 25; B. 28; C. 30; D. 33
8. Glenn was actually Roberts' middle name. What
was Roberts' first name?
9. Which below is something Roberts' never won?
A. Winston Cup championship
(formerly known as the Grand National Championship);
However, he was 2nd in his first year of competition,
1950; B. Daytona 500; C. Southern 500; D.
10. How many victories did Roberts earn at Daytona
A. 5; B. 6; C. 8;
11. What type of car did Roberts drive when he
competed in the 1962 24 Hours of LeMans?
12. What's the name of the local cemetery where
Roberts is buried?
Bellevue Memorial Gardens
(Now named Daytona Memorial Park on Bellevue Ave.,
2004 News-Journal Corporation |
news-journalonline.com (SM) |
Copyright © 1999 FireballRoberts.com
by Roland Via. All rights reserved. Revised:
05/07/12 20:55:48 -0400.
All materials posted herein are protected by
copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This web page may contain copyrighted material whose use has not been
specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This page is operated under the
assumption that this use on the Web constitutes a 'fair use' of the
copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Any
text or images that you feel need to be removed please
FireballRoberts.com is not associated or affiliated with
any racing club or organizations including that of
Opinions and other content are not necessarily those of editors, sponsors.